Friday 28 September 2012

Animal Skirt

Thanks to the lovely Katy, of Caught up in Cake fame, I am featured in this weeks "Here's How We Wear" post. She does one of these every Friday and invites other bloggers to join in with a certain theme. This week it's a vintage piece so I picked a skirt, which is actually one of my favourite items of clothing. Ever.





I bought the skirt in Beyond Retro about 2 years ago, I remember spending ages with my sister deciding whether to get it or not as it was massive, thankfully I had faith in my sewing skills (with a bit of help from my mum!) and went for it. I've never looked back, after all, how often is it you see a skirt with a dinosaur, a dodo and a walrus on it! The jacket is from H&M and the top is from the Most Marvelous place to shop in Northampton, a new(ish) vintage emporium. The shoes I bought in a charity shop in Melbourne and I affectionately refer to them as my geography teacher shoes.

I clearly need to get on the whole outfit post thing as I have a huge amount of clothes... not so sure about being in the photos but I'll get over it. Either that or I'll dress my mannequin up and take photos of her instead. She's currently wearing a flat cap and a fur stole. She needs a name too but after 5 years of being together I am yet to think of a suitable one, her friend is called Grenville, I'm going to have to think of one soon or she'll feel left out and might try and murder me in my sleep.

1 comment: