Monday 9 January 2012

Melbourne

So after having the great idea of starting a blog I have managed to neglect it massively... and only ever made two posts. Well in 2012 all that is going to change! (in theory..) 

I have been in Australia since May last year and after also spending a couple of months in New Zealand we are now in Melbourne. Spent just over a month living with a lovely Aunt and family but have now branched out and moved into a flat (shared with a tattoo studio) in Fitzroy.

Just some things I've seen around the city that have caught the attention of my eyeballs:



This building is on Chapel Street, it is amazing! I want to live in it, although perhaps not in Chapel Street. It was built in 1890 as Prahran Arcade but now has a horrible JB Hifi on the ground floor and as far as I can gather the top floors are residential as it apparently used to be a hotel. One day I want to live in a house that looks like this.





This is inside Chapel Street Bazaar, It is possibly one of the best places I've ever been - this photo does not do it justice. It is a small warehouse/large shop type thing with lots of different vintage/antique concessions of furniture, jewellery, fashion, art, homeware, textiles... the list goes on. I could spend hours in here (although I want to buy everything so this is very unhealthy!) If you are ever in Melbourne and have a liking for this type of thing I urge you to GO! If anyone is familiar with the Flying Duck Shop that used to be in Greenwich - imagine this but about 20 times bigger and better! I was quite restrained and only bought a couple of headscarves for Christmas presents and a handbag. If I could furnish my whole house (preferably the aforementioned property) from this place, I would! 



Saw this the other day on our way to the South bank to have lunch, I love it's nostalgic feel and the rich colours that make it look like it's an overexposed photo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment